Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Where you been hidin'?"

Y'all, I auditioned for something today. I sang. I haven't sung in over a year and a half, and I was beyond nervous. Two of my friends came for moral support, but they had never heard me sing before, and I really didn't want to embarrass myself in front of them. But I did it! When I finished, the guy auditioning people looked at me and asked "Where you been hidin'?", so I guess I did alright.

 I'm not going to say what this "something" is, because there were a lot of singers who auditioned for it and I don't want to jinx it. No matter the result, I'm just glad that I conquered my fear and went for it. I forgot how good singing feels! It really is a magical sensation; there's nothing else quite like it. I've been yearning for a way to get back at it, and maybe this "something" will be it. We'll see.

**UPDATE 10/20** I didn't make it. S'alright though.

No comments:

Post a Comment