Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tunnel of Oppression: Last Lines

"And when it finally does happen, all we do is ask why."
 
"Oh, and remember to breathe..."
 
"And they keep... piling... up..."
 
"I am not my disability!"
 
"To know and love ourselves and each other."
 
"Red."
 
"No one but I can tell you who and what I am."
 
"There's no room in the budget for that..."
 
"I don't want anyone to feel the way I do."
 
These are the last lines from the scenes of an upcoming play about injustice called Tunnel of Oppression. All of the pieces are written by students, including yours truly. Can you guess which one is mine? Can you guess what each scene is about?
 
Tunnel of Oppression will take place on Wednesday April 16th and Thursday April 17th, at the Mosaic Multicultural Center (2nd floor of the MSU Union). Shows are at 6pm, 7pm, and 8pm each night. Come to experience it once or multiple times, just don't miss out. These stories need to be heard by anyone and everyone. "THIS IS NOT OKAY!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment